Monday 13 January 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Auction of Souls, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse by Vicente Blasco Ibanez was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1919 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Robert Stack: American actor nominated for seven Emmys, winning one in 1960 for his series "The Untouchables.
- Army Archerd: Hollywood columnist / TV host (Movie Game).
- Dutch Soccer team OSV forms.
- Worker's councils in Berlin end the general strike Spartacus Week is over.
- Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht are murdered following the Spartacist uprising.
- The Boston Molasses Disaster: A wave of molasses released from an exploding storage tank sweeps through Boston, killing 21 and injuring 150.
- Ignacy Jan Paderewski becomes Premier of Poland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They'll Be Mighty Proud in Dixie of Their Old Black Joe - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Beautiful Ohio - Prince's Orchestra
- Al Jolson - Tell That to the Marines
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?