Tuesday 13 January 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1920 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Iris Mountbatten: English actress and model, a member of the Battenberg/Mountbatten family, and a great granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
- Miles Dickson: American astrologer, studied at the Church of Light, Los Angeles.
- New York Times editorial (falsely) reports rockets can never fly
- The New York Times ridicules the American rocket scientist Robert H. Goddard. The newspaper has to publicly take it all back later on July 17 1969 when the Apollo crew is on its trek to the Moon.ref name=quotastronauticsnow_com-indexquotRobert H. Goddard. The New York Times. astronauticsnow.com/history/goddard/index.html 090118 astronauticsnow.com
- Prohibition begins in the United States with the Eighteenth Amendment to the Constitution coming into effect.
- The World War I Allies demand that the Netherlands extradite the German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who has fled there.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated, is founded on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peggy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Blues (My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me) - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Wait Till You Get Them Up in the Air, Boys - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?