Friday 13 January 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Satanas, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1922 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Jeanne Bourin: French historian, medievalist, and novelist, known for his best-seller "La Chambre des Dames".
- Albert Lamorisse: French film maker, a cinematographer, director and producer, one of the great moguls of his day with films that included "Crin Blanc," "Le Ballon Rouge" and "Le Voyage en Ballon.
- WHA-AM in Madison WI begins radio transmissions
- Conference of Cannes concerning German retribution payments ended.
- Buck Weaver, a Black Sox, applies unsuccessfully for reinstatement.
- The flu epidemic has claimed 804 victims in Britain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?