Saturday 13 January 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Lederstrumpf, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1923 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Daniil Shafran: Russian cellist (d. 1997).
- Willem Slijkhuis: Dutch runner (d. 2003).
- Danil Shafran: Cellist.
- Jack Watling: London, England -- Actor (Nanny, Adventure for 2, Naked Heart).
- Alexandre Ribot: French academic and politician Prime Minister of France (d. 1923).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Carolina in the Morning - Van & Schenck
- Homesick - Nora Bayes
- Suez - Clyde Doerr & His Orchestra
- Nellie Kelly I Love You - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?