Sunday 13 January 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1924 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Günther Fleckenstein: German theatre director and playwright.
- Paul Feyerabend: Philosopher of science best known for his work as a professor of philosophy at the University of California, Berkeley, where he worked for three decades (1958–1989).
- Philip Rawson: Artist / teacher.
- Roland Petit: French dancer and choreographer, the director of Ballets de Paris.
- Nationalist Wafd-party wins Egyptian parliament elections.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old-Fashioned Love - Frank Crumit
- Rememb'ring - Paul Ash & His Granada Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?