Tuesday 13 January 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Woman of the Year, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Song of Bernadette by Franz Werfel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1942 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Allied Conference for war trials
- German U-boats begin harassing shipping on US east coast
- Interallied war trial conference publishes Saint James Declaration.
- German submarines begin harassing shipping on US east coast.
- Henry Ford patents a plastic automobile, which is 30% lighter than a regular car.
- World War II: First use of aircraft ejection seat by a German test pilot in a Heinkel He 280 jet fighter.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Shrine of St. Cecelia - Andrews Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?