Thursday 13 January 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1944 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 January
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Star Eyes - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- My Ideal - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Speak Low (When You Speak, Love) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Victory Polka - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Kay Armen - The Dreamer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?