Monday 13 January 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1947 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Sylvano Galago: American actress seen in the film "Earthquake.
- Peter Sundelin: Sweden -- Yachtsmen (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Lees: England, United Kingdom -- Rock guitarist / vocalist (Medicine Man).
- Jacek Majchrowski: Polish historian lawyer and politician.
- Carles Rexach: former Spanish-Catalan footballer and coach.
- Toni Glover: American astrologer from 1976; author of many articles on astrology and kabala. She was married to Philip Sedgwick on 1/30/1969 for a couple of years.
- Veit Valentin: German/US historian (German People), dies at age 61.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 January 1947 and get them!