Thursday 13 January 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Letter to Three Wives, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Egyptian by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1949 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Klaus Brandner: German politician.
- Rakesh Sharma: first Indian and 138th person to visit space.
- Brandon Tartikoff: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1997).
- Hermann Magerl: .
- Along 5th Avenue opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 180 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?