Friday 13 January 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John McNaughton and Georgie Borkowski.
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky King, Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1950 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- John McNaughton: American film director.
- Georgie Borkowski: American astrologer married to Don Borkowski in 1976; one gifted son, Ian, born on 8/05/1978.
- Veronica De Laurentiis: Italian noted family and the first daughter of Silvano Mangano and Dino De Laurentiis.
- Charles Prince: American businessman, former CEO of Citigroup.
- Clive Betts: English economist and politician.
- Bob Forsch: American baseball player (d. 2011)
- Gholam Mazloumi: Iranian footballer and manager (d. 2014)
- Finland forms diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?