Saturday 13 January 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here to Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1951 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Britta Rasmussen: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for her work.
- Bernard Loiseau: French chef, who committed suicide by firearm on 24 February 2003 after newspaper reports hinted that his restaurant might lose its 3-star status.
- German General F Christian freed early from Dutch prison.
- Nine Jewish Kremlin physicians "exposed" as British/US agents; known as the Doctors' Plot.
- First Indochina War: The Battle of Vinh Yen begins, which will end in a major victory for France.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?