Wednesday 13 January 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1954 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Vicki McCarty: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (Sep, 1979).
- Philippe Bergeroo: French football (soccer) goalkeeper, who earned a total number of three international caps for the French national team during the late 1970s and early 1980s.
- Richard Blackford: English composer.
- Trevor Rabin: South African-American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Yes Rabbitt and Manfred Mann's Earth Band).
- Nikos Sarganis: Greek footballer.
- Bruno Coulais: French composer, most widely known for his music on film soundtracks such as "Les Choristes", "Coraline", "The secret of Kells", "Himalaya", "Les Rivières Pourpres", "Brice de Nice" ... In 1997, he won a Cesar award and a "Victoire de la Musique".
- Roland Diggle: Composer, dies at 69.
- WEAR TV channel 3 in Pensacola-Mobile, Florida (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Military rule in Egypt; 318 Mohammedan Brotherhood arrested.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?