Wednesday 13 January 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vicki McCarty and Philippe Bergeroo.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Inner Sanctum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1954 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Vicki McCarty: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (Sep, 1979).
- Philippe Bergeroo: French football (soccer) goalkeeper, who earned a total number of three international caps for the French national team during the late 1970s and early 1980s.
- Bruno Coulais: French composer, most widely known for his music on film soundtracks such as "Les Choristes", "Coraline", "The secret of Kells", "Himalaya", "Les Rivières Pourpres", "Brice de Nice" .
- Richard Blackford: English composer.
- Trevor Rabin: South African-American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Yes Rabbitt and Manfred Mann's Earth Band).
- Nikos Sarganis: Greek footballer
- Roland Diggle: Composer, dies at 69.
- WEAR TV channel 3 in Pensacola-Mobile, Florida (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Military rule in Egypt; 318 Mohammedan Brotherhood arrested.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?