Thursday 13 January 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Marjorie Morningstar by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1955 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Trevor Rabin: rocker (Yes).
- Titus M: Mafolo in South Africa; journalist/African National Congress leader.
- Fred White rocker (Earth Wind and Fire - "Shining Star": "Easy Lover").
- Eduardo Bonvallet: Chilean footballer and manager (d. 2015).
- Paul Kelly: Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Professor Ratbaggy and Stardust Five).
- Jay McInerney: American author critic and socialite
- Anne Pringle: English diplomat British Ambassador to Russia
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The McGuire Sisters - Sincerely
- David Carroll and His Orchestra - Melody Of Love
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?