Sunday 13 January 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christina Seufert and Don Snow.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1957 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Christina Seufert: Sacraento, California -- Diver (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Don Snow: Rocker (Squeeze).
- Mark Francis O'Meara in Goldsboro: North Carolina, USA; PGA golfer (1984 Greater Milwaukee).
- Lorrie Moore: American writer.
- Mark O'Meara: American professional golfer: PGA Tour.
- Daniel Scioli: Argentine politician, sportsman, and businessperson. He was the 33rd Vice President of Argentina from 2003 to 2007, under Néstor Kirchner, and has been Governor of Buenos Aires Province since 2007. He has also served two tenures as president of the Justicialist Party.
- Claudia Emerson: American poet and academic (d. 2014)
- Mary Glindon: English lawyer and politician
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Allen Tate.
- Mickey Wright wins Sea Island Golf Open.
- NFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 19-10.
- Wham-O Company produces the first Frisbee.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?