Sunday 13 January 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1957 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Mark Francis O'Meara in Goldsboro: North Carolina, USA; PGA golfer (1984 Greater Milwaukee).
- Lorrie Moore: American writer.
- Mark O'Meara: American professional golfer: PGA Tour.
- Daniel Scioli: Argentine politician, sportsman, and businessperson.
- Claudia Emerson: American poet and academic (d. 2014).
- Mary Glindon: English lawyer and politician
- Christina Seufert: Sacraento, California -- Diver (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Don Snow: Rocker (Squeeze)
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Allen Tate.
- Mickey Wright wins Sea Island Golf Open.
- NFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 19-10.
- Wham-O Company produces the first Frisbee.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 January 1957 and get them!