Tuesday 13 January 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Exodus by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1959 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- James Lomenzo: American musician (Megadeth).
- Kevin Anderson: Illinois, United States -- Actor (Hoffa, Sleeping with the Enemy).
- Ernie Irvan: American race car driver.
- James LoMenzo: American bass player (Megadeth White Lion Pride and Glory Slash's Snakepit and Black Label Society).
- De Gaulle grants amnesty to 130 to Algerian death row convicts
- King Boudouin promises Belgian Congo independence.
- Cuban communists execute 71 supporters of Fulgencio Batista.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 January 1959 and get them!