Friday 13 January 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Wonderland By Night by Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1961 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Kelly Hrudey in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; NHL goalie (Los Angeles Kings).
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in New York City: New York, USA; comedienne (Saturday Night Live, Seinfeld, Day by Day, Soul Man, Troll).
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus: American actress, a comedianne who made her mark in a No.
- Suggs : English singer (Madness).
- Wayne Coyne: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Flaming Lips).
- Kelly Hrudey: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
- Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?