Monday 13 January 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1969 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- John Flannery: Guard / corner (Dallas Cowboys).
- Thierry Gadou: French basketball player formerly with Élan Béarnais Pau-Orthez.
- Stephen Hendry: Scottish pro snooker player and champion, having a remarkable year in 1995.
- Stefania Belmondo: Italian member of the Women's Team at the Olympic Games in Nagano, Japan, February 1998, winner of the team's award of a Bronze Medal.
- Orlando Miller in Changionola: Panam�; infielder (Houston Astros).
- Andre Cason: US runner (world record 50 indoor).
- Robert Wilson: NFL running back (Miami Dolphins).
- Katarzyna Nowak in Lodz: Poland; tennis star (1994 Futures France).
- Dan Footman NFL defensive end (Cleveland Browns: Indianapolis Colts).
- Christopher Karpowitz: American political scientist and academic
- Kevin Foster: American pro baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who was selected by the Montreal Expos in the 29th round free-agent draft pick on 2 June 1987. After graduating from Kishwaukee College in Illinois, he played for the Philadelphia Phillies (1993), Chicago Cubs (1994–1998), and Texas Rangers (2001).
- Wilton Graff: Actor (Bloodlust, Just Before Dawn), dies at 65.
- Beatles release Yellow Submarine album
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 January 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?