Monday 13 January 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1969 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- John Flannery: Guard / corner (Dallas Cowboys).
- Orlando Miller in Changionola: Panam�; infielder (Houston Astros).
- Andre Cason: US runner (world record 50 indoor).
- Robert Wilson: NFL running back (Miami Dolphins).
- Katarzyna Nowak in Lodz: Poland; tennis star (1994 Futures France).
- Dan Footman NFL defensive end (Cleveland Browns: Indianapolis Colts).
- Stefania Belmondo: Italian member of the Women's Team at the Olympic Games in Nagano, Japan, February 1998, winner of the team's award of a Bronze Medal.
- Kevin Foster: American pro baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who was selected by the Montreal Expos in the 29th round free-agent draft pick on 2 June 1987. After graduating from Kishwaukee College in Illinois, he played for the Philadelphia Phillies (1993), Chicago Cubs (1994–1998), and Texas Rangers (2001).
- Thierry Gadou: French basketball player formerly with Élan Béarnais Pau-Orthez. Gadou won a silver medal with the France national basketball team at the 2000 Summer Olympics.
- Stephen Hendry: Scottish pro snooker player and champion, having a remarkable year in 1995. Snooker is similar to American billiards.
- Christopher Karpowitz: American political scientist and academic
- Wilton Graff: Actor (Bloodlust, Just Before Dawn), dies at 65.
- Beatles release Yellow Submarine album
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?