Wednesday 13 January 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elmer Dessens in Hermosillo and John Mallory Asher.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Wheels by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All in the Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1971 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Elmer Dessens in Hermosillo: Mexico; pitcher (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- John Mallory Asher: American film actor/director.
- John Asher: American actor and director.
- Phil Whyman: English paranormal researcher, television personality, writer and musician.
- Soon closes at Ritz Theater NYC after 3 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?