Tuesday 13 January 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1981 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Reggie Brown: American football player.
- Shad Gaspard: American professional wrestler, bodyguard, and actor.
- Darrell Rasner: American baseball player.
- Yujiro Takahashi: Japanese wrestler.
- Jason James: Welsh bassist.
- Ginger Zee: TV Show Host
- Emiel van Hemeldonck: Belgian writer (Mary, My Child), dies at 83.
- Barbara Sonntag, Colorado, crochets record 147 stitches/minutes for 30 minutes.
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to May Swenson and Howard Nemerov.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- The Police - De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?