Tuesday 13 January 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Bronson, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astro Boy: The Video Game or Capcom Platinum Hits Triple Pack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 January 2009 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 January
- Dona Mary Ejercito: Filipino supercentarian, mother of Joseph Ejercito Estrada (Born 1905).
- Dai Llewellyn: Welsh socialite.
- William De Witt Snodgrass: American poet under the pseudonym S. S. Gardons (Born 1926).
- Mansour Rahbani: Lebanese composer and lyricist (Born 1925).
- Nancy Bird Walton: Australian aviator (Born 1915).
- Citigroup and Morgan Stanley agree to combine their brokerages, with Morgan Stanley paying Citigroup US$2.7 billion for a 51 percent stake in the joint venture. The new Morgan Stanley Smith Barney will have US$1.7 trillion in client assets.
- Despite an agreement to resume delivery of natural gas from Russia to Europe, the European Union says that ampquotvery limitedampquot amounts were transmitted. (BBC News)
- The United States Senate Foreign Relations Committee begins confirmation hearings for Hillary Clinton's nomination as Secretary of State. (CNN)
- Late 2000s recession:
- Anti-government protesters clash with Latvian riot police in Riga. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?