Friday 13 July 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sad Sack, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1928 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Sven Davidson: Swedish-American tennis player (d. 2008).
- Leroy Vinnegar: American jazz bassist.
- Bob Crane: American actor who became a star in the TV series "Hogan's Heroes" from 1965-1971, an unlikely vehicle built around fun and frolic in a German POW camp.
- Donal Michalsky: Composer.
- Tommaso Buscetta: Sicilian Mafiosa, the first major figure in the Sicilian Mafia to break the code of omerta, the traditional vow of silence.
- Bob Crane in Waterbury: Conncticut, USA; actor (Colonel Hogan - Hogan's Heroes).
- Jeanne Loriod: French musician, regarded as the world's leading exponent of the ondes Martenot.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?