Monday 13 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Uzzell and Jim McGuinn.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1942 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Jay Uzzell: Rocker (Corsairs).
- Jim McGuinn: Rocker.
- Rod Chandler: (Rep-R-Washington, 1983- ).
- Stephen Jo Bladd: Boston, Massachusetts -- Rocker (J Geils Band-Centerfold).
- Stephen Bladd: American musician, a drummer and vocalist, member of J. Geils band from 1967 until the group split in 1985.
- Harrison Ford: American actor, one of Hollywood’s hottest male stars since 1983 for his role as Han Solo in the trilogy, "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back," and "Return of the Jedi" made at three year intervals starting in 1977. He became famous also for the "Indiana Jones" trilogy, and for hits such as "The Fugitive," "Clear and Present Danger," and "Air Force One," he is reputed to get $20 million per picture and a 15 per cent cut of the box office gross. He still does much of his own stunt work, plays t
- Roger McGuinn: American guitarist and vocalist who toured two years with the "Chad Mitchell Trio" and a year with Bobby Darin before founding "The Byrds" in 1965. The group was the first ever to play electronically amplified folk music, creating an entirely new direction in pop-folk-rock. The group disbanded in the early '70s after five years of hits, almost all of them being original songs.
- 5,000 Jews of Rovno Polish Ukraine, executed by Nazis
- German occupiers imprison 800 prominent Dutch as hostages
- SS shoots 1,500 Jews in Josefov Poland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?