Wednesday 13 July 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvie Brunel and Xavier Lemoine.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Alley-Oop by Hollywood Argyles.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Bellboy, directed by Jerry Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1960 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Sylvie Brunel: French geographer, economist and writer.
- Xavier Lemoine: French politician, Vice President of the Christian Democratic Party, and mayor of Montfermeil since June 2002.
- Christine Villemin: French homicide suspect, the mother of four-year-old Gregory, whose bound body was found in the river Vologne on 10/16/1984.
- Robert Abraham: American football player.
- Ian Hislop: Welsh-English journalist and screenwriter.
- Curtis Rouse: American football player (d. 2013)
- 29th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 6-0 at Yankee Stadium, New York
- KDBQ-AM in San Francisco CA changes call letters to KYA
- US Democratic National convention nominates Senator John F Kennedy for president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- Paul Anka - My Home Town
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
- The Everly Brothers - When Will I Be Loved
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?