Monday 13 July 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Ugly Truth, directed by Robert Luketic, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 July 2009 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 July
- Twelve European companies launch the €400nbspbillion Desertec project to build solar thermal power stations in North Africa. (Bloomberg)
- Burma announces it will release an unspecified number of political prisoners to allow them to take part in the 2010 general election. (Reuters)
- Henry Okah, a guerrilla leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, is released from detainment after accepting an amnesty offered by the Nigerian government. (BBC)
- Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Austria sign an intergovernmental agreement on the construction of the Nabucco natural gas pipeline. (BBC)
- At least 16 people have died, including eight children, in the city of Mian Channu, Pakistan, after a bomb blast in a school. (''The Times of India'')
- Greek police use bulldozers to completely clear a sprawling migrant camp that had been in place in the port town of Patras for over a decade. (Sky News)
- The United Kingdom halts some arms sales to Israel following the Gaza conflict. (''Haaretz'')
- Ürümqi police shoot dead two armed suspects and injure another, all being from the Uyghur ethnic group. (ChinaDaily)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev makes his first visit to South Ossetia. (''Bangkok Post'')
- John Demjanjuk is charged with 27,900 counts of accessory to murder in World War II at a court in Germany. (AP)
- An explosion in Kabul, Afghanistan, kills a police chief and injures four others. The Taliban are the suspected culprits of the attack. (''The New York Times'')
- U.S. Senate confirmation hearings for United States Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor begin. (CNN)
- Former Prime Minister of Lebanon Amin al-Hafez dies at age 83. (AP via Google News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Linkin Park - New Divide
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?