Tuesday 13 June 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1911 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Erwin Wilhelm Muller: German-born physicist (d. 1977).
- Achille Peretti: French politician, a lawyer by profession, and a member of the French resistance, who was in charge of security of Charles de Gaulle's government in Algiers.
- Maurice Copeland: Actor (Ralph-Those Young Charmings), dies at 74.
- Erwin Müller: German physicist and academic (d. 1977).
- Albert Cleage: Famous African.
- Aly Khan: Pakistani noted family, the great-grandson of Aga Khan I, grandson of Aga Khan II and son of Aga Khan III, the richest man in the world and Indian Representative to the United Nations. Aly Khan was scheduled to succeed his father as imam, the spiritual leader of more than twenty million Muslims of the Ismaili sect but it was eventually his own son, Karim, who succeeded his grandfather.
- Jean-Paul Vincent: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Bayonne.
- Luis Alvarez: American physicist and Nobel Prize winner 1968 for his work on the liquid-hydrogen bubble chamber. He contributed to the science of radar and gained a nick-name of "the prize wild-idea man" due his many eclectic interests, ranging from particle physics and theories on the extinction of dinosaurs to the use of cosmic rays to search for hidden treasure in an Egyptian pyramid.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Piano Man - Billy Murray
- Honey Love - That Girl Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?