Friday 13 June 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Percy Rodrigues and César Ruminski.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1924 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Percy Rodrigues: Montreal, Quebec -- Actor (Brainwaves).
- César Ruminski: French football/soccer goalkeeper of Polish descent, who played at senior level from 1942 to 1954 and on the French national team from 1952 to 1954.
- Harold Town: Canadian artist, an abstract painter.
- Cesar Ruminski: .
- Bene Berak Palestine founded
- Gaston Doumergue elected as 1st protestant French Premier
- Yanks win by forfeit over Tigers, their 3rd forfeit win
- In Hungary, a most devastating tornado called quotWildkansasquot struck, and left a 500-1500m wide and 70ampnbspkm long path of destruction, landed at Bia, and after 3 hours it ended near Vác, destroyed a village called Páty completely, and left many people homless, killed 9 people, and 50 people got wounded. This was one of the strongest tornadoes ever not only in Hungary but in Europe also. It was estimated to be an F4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Nobody's Sweetheart - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- California, Here I Come - Georgie Price
- Days of Yesterday - Elliott Shaw
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?