Tuesday 13 June 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tarzan Finds a Son!, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1939 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Siegfried Fischbacher: German-American illusionist (of Siegfried and Roy) who completed his 4,000th performance in Las Vegas in January 1999, along with his partner, Roy.
- Don "Sugarcane" Harris: Rocker / actor (Soup for 1, Greeased Lightning).
- Tom Cheek: American baseball broadcaster (d. 2005).
- Volter A Kilpi: Finnish writer (Suljetuilla Porteilla), dies at 64.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?