Saturday 13 June 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Carron and Yiannis Boutaris.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1942 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- René Carron: French banker, the Chairman of the Board of Crédit Agricole.
- Yiannis Boutaris: Greek businessman and politician Mayor of Thessaloniki.
- James Carr: American Rhythm & Blues and soul musicians (Born 1942).
- Walter Rodney: Guyanese historian and activist (d. 1980).
- Viktor Suslin: Russian-German composer (d. 2012).
- FDR creates Office of War with Elmer Davis as head
- Germany puts 4 saboteurs on Long Island
- OSS, Office of Strategic Services, form
- (evening) George Dasch, Ernest Burger, Heinrich Heinck, and Richard Quirin, all American citizens of German birth, and members of the German Nazi party, land on the beach of Long Island, New York, from a small row boat. Their mission is to sabotage industrial installations producing war material.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 June 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?