Friday 13 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1947 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- A G Lafley: American executive director.
- Daniel P A "Danie" Schutte: South African underminister of Justice.
- Jerrold Nadler: (Rep-D-New York).
- Peter Holm: Boyfriend of Joan Collins.
- Christian Boiron: French pharmacist, the director of Boiron, a manufacturer of homeopathic products, headquartered in France and with an operating presence in 59 countries worldwide.
- 1st night game at Fenway Park (Red Sox 5, White Sox 3)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?