Monday 13 June 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1949 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Simon Callow: London, England -- Actor (Good Father).
- Thierry Sabine: Motorcycle racer, founder and main organizer of Paris-Dakar.
- Dennis Locorriere: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show).
- Ulla Schmidt: German educator and politician German Federal Minister of Health.
- Red Symons: English-Australian guitarist actor and radio host (Skyhooks).
- Christy Mihos: American businessman and politician. Once a a member of the Republican party, he made his millions in a convenience store chain named after him, Christy's Markets, that had been founded by his Greek immigrant grandfather. Mihos got his start working at the first store. In the mid 1970s he and his brother took over from their father and considerably expanded the number of stores, which they then sold to 7-Eleven chain in 1998. Mihos eventually bought back 10 of the Massachusetts stores and contin
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Room Full Of Roses - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Frank Sinatra - Some Enchanted Evening
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- The Hucklebuck - Frank Sinatra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?