Wednesday 13 June 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Ace in the Hole, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1951 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Philippe Bourguignon: French chief sommelier at the Restaurant Laurent in the Champs Elysées gardens in Paris, who was awarded the 'Premier Sommelier de France' 1978 (Paris medal).
- Jonathan Hogan: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (House on Carroll St).
- Liz Phillips: Composer.
- Robert P Young: Jr.
- Howard Leese: American guitarist and producer (Bad Company and Heart).
- Stellan Skarsgård: Swedish actor and producer
- Robert Young: Jr. American lawyer and jurist
- Richard Thomas: American actor from the time he was seven years old, growing into one of the most accomplished and busy juvenile actors on Broadway. By his teens he was playing lead roles on many TV productions and popular series, and he made a film debut at 16 in "Winning." In December 1971, the pilot-debut of "The Waltons" aired with Thomas in the role of John-Boy. It was a long-lasting hit series.
- Richard Thomas in New York City: New York, USA; actor (John Boy - The Waltons, Last Summer, Johnny Belinda).
- Stellan Skarsgard: Swedish actor (Breaking the Waves)
- Ben Chifley: Australian engineer and politician 16th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1951).
- UN arm forces reach Pyongyang Korea
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm In Love Again - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?