Wednesday 13 June 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Ride the High Country, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1962 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Karen Kurreck: Urbana, Illinois -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Mark Frankel: Actor (Leon the Pig Farmer).
- Ally Sheedy in New York City: USA; actress (Saint Elmo's, Short Circuit, Maid to Order, The Breakfast Club).
- Jean-Pierre Amat: French rifle champion, winner of a Bronze Medal in the 10-m.
- Ally Sheedy: American actress and dancer with a film debut in "Bad Boys" in 1983.
- Cathy Cassidy: Children's Author
- Davey Hamilton: American race car driver
- Glenn Michibata: Canadian-American tennis player and coach
- Rudolf Povarnitsyn: Ukrainian high jumper
- Hannah Storm: American television personality
- Eugene Goossens: English conductor and composer (d. 1962).
- Bob Newhart Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- Norway named ombudsman
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?