Tuesday 13 June 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1967 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Isa Hoes: Dutch actress and voice actress.
- Darren Baker: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Task?n Aksoy: Turkish footballer.
- Taşkın Aksoy: German-Turkish footballer and manager.
- Elmo Tiisvald: Estonian conductor.
- You Only Live Twice premieres in US
- Thurgood Marshall nominated as 1st black Supreme Court Justice
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson nominates Solicitor-General Thurgood Marshall to become the first black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Solicitor General Thurgood Marshall is nominated as the first African American justice of the United States Supreme Court.
- Mariner program: ''Mariner 5'' is launched toward Venus.
- The People's Republic of China tests its first hydrogen bomb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Temptations - All I Need
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mirage
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?