Tuesday 13 June 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darren Baker and Task?n Aksoy.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1967 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Darren Baker: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Task?n Aksoy: Turkish footballer.
- Isa Hoes: Dutch actress and voice actress.
- Taşkın Aksoy: German-Turkish footballer and manager.
- Elmo Tiisvald: Estonian conductor.
- You Only Live Twice premieres in US
- Thurgood Marshall nominated as 1st black Supreme Court Justice
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson nominates Solicitor-General Thurgood Marshall to become the first black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Solicitor General Thurgood Marshall is nominated as the first African American justice of the United States Supreme Court.
- Mariner program: ''Mariner 5'' is launched toward Venus.
- The People's Republic of China tests its first hydrogen bomb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 June 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Association - Windy
- The Temptations - All I Need
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mirage
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?