Tuesday 13 June 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Allison Dickey and Jason Michael Carroll.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Jaws 2, directed by Jeannot Szwarc, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Cottage or Alto Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1978 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Allison Dickey: Miss Iowa Teen USA (1996).
- Jason Michael Carroll: country musician.
- Mathis Kunzler: Swiss actor.
- Natalie Alison: Austrian actress, best known for her TV work, especially "Sturm der Liebe" ("Storm of Love").
- Jason Carroll: American singer-songwriter.
- Brian Dowling: Irish television host
- Ethan Embry: American actor
- John Estrada: Filipino actor
- Mikako Ichikawa: Japanese model and actress
- Mathis Künzler: Swiss actor
- Israeli Defense Forces withdraw from Lebanon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- Johnny Mathis - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good
- George Benson - On Broadway
- Carly Simon - You Belong To Me
- Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?