Friday 13 June 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Connor and Florent Malouda.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Brubaker, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vakáción a Mézga-család.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dodge 'Em or Sengoku Ninja Tai.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1980 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Sarah Connor: German singer-songwriter and dancer.
- Florent Malouda: French footballer.
- Diego Mendieta: Paraguayan footballer (d. 2012).
- Jamario Moon: American basketball player.
- Juan Navarro: Spanish basketball player.
- Maho Nonami: Japanese actress
- Darius Vassell: English footballer
- Markus Winkelhock: German race car driver
- Deborah Harry / Meat Loaf film, Roadie, premieres
- Paul McCartney releases Waterfall
- Rep John Jenrette Jr (D-SC) indicted in Abscam investigation
- UN Security Council calls for South Africa to free Nelson Mandela
- Republican John Jenrette Jr (Democrat-South Carolina) indicted in "Abscam" investigation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 June 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?