Monday 13 June 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Together Forever (Remix) by Rick Astley.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Outdoors, directed by Howard Deutch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1988!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1988 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Austin Thornton: American drummer (Woe, Is Me).
- Bree Wasylenko: Dancer.
- Cody Walker: Family Member.
- Gabe Carimi: American football player.
- Reece Noi: English actor.
- 45th time opposing pitchers hit HRS, Mark Davis (Padres) / Mike Krukow
- Boston Red Sox are 10 games back in AL, and go on to win AL East
- Fed jury finds Liggett liable in death of New Jersey woman of lung cancer
- George Harrison releases This is Love
- US Supreme Court refuses to hear Yonkers argument they aren't racist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Together Forever (Remix)
- George Michael - One More Try
- Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat
- Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
- The Jets - Make It Real
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Everything Your Heart Desires
- Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand
- Bruce Hornsby - The Valley Road
- Cheap Trick - The Flame
- Prince - Alphabet St.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?