Thursday 13 June 1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds was in the top 5 hits.
Stealing Beauty, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1996!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1996 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Kingsley Coman: French soccer player born to parents coming from Guadeloupe, playing for Bayern Munich and the French natioal team.
- Kodi Smit-McPhee: Movie Actor.
- Eben Franckewitz: Pop Singer.
- David Nicholls: Priest / Theologian / political theorist, dies at 60.
- Freeman in Montana give up to FBI after 81 days
- An 81-day standoff between the Montana Freemen and FBI agents ends with their surrender in Montana.
- The Montana Freemen surrender after an 81-day standoff with FBI agents.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- SWV - You're The One
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- George Michael - Fastlove
- Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Theme From Mission Impossible
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?