Wednesday 13 June 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
1408, directed by Mikael Hfstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 13 June 2007 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 June
- Walid Eido: Lebanese MP (Born 1942).
- The Al Askari Mosque is bombed for a third time.
- Zimbabwean Minister of Lands Didymus Mutasa says the government will remove all remaining white farmers from their farms and divide their land among landless black citizens. (ReliefWeb)
- Ireland's Green Party (Comhaontas Glas) agrees to go into government with Fianna Fáil as part of Ireland's 30th Dáil when it opens on 14 June. (RTÉ)
- A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits south of Puerto Quetzal, on Guatemala's Pacific Coast. (USA Today)
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom awards Sir Tim Berners-Lee the Order of Merit for his pioneering work on the worldwide web. (BBC)
- ''Gigantoraptor erlianensis'', a gigantic birdlike dinosaur, is discovered in Inner Mongolia by paleontologist Xu Xing. (AFP via Discovery Channel)
- Shimon Peres is elected as the President of Israel after opponents bow out in the first round of the Israeli presidential elections. (Los Angeles Times)
- Hamas militants kill at least 16 Palestinians, including 2 UNRWA workers and 13 Fatah members, as clashes intensify in the Gaza Strip. (Haaretz)
- A South African public sector strike closes down most of the schools and hospitals in that country. (BBC)
- EADS Astrium unveils its space tourism project, one week ahead of the Paris Air Show. (BBC)
- A landmark ruling by the UK's highest appeal court, the Law Lords, allows the family of an Iraqi who died in UK military custody to sue the British Government and demand a public inquiry into the circumstances of his death. (Scotsman)
- A strike by Indian Airlines ground staff disrupts air traffic throughout India. (CNN-IBN)
- An explosion at the Al-Askari Mosque in Samarra, Iraq is reported to have destroyed two of its minarets. (Reuters)
- Indonesian police claim to have arrested Abu Dujana, the military leader of the Jemaah Islamiyah responsible for the 2002 Bali bombings. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?