Saturday 13 June 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Public Enemies, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 June 2009 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 June
- Fathi Yakan: Lebanese leader and Muslim cleric (Born 1933).
- New York-based theme park operator Six Flags files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, with US$2.4 billion in debt.
- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger delivers a speech regarding the state's financial crisis, favoring state spending cuts rather than the issuing of bonds. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- North Korea:
- North Korea announces it will ampquotweaponise all plutoniumampquot and begin uranium enrichment following United Nations Security Council Resolution 1874 against the country. (BBC News)
- South Korea sends troops to the North Korean border as tensions escalate. (Telstra Bigpond News)
- China begins the third large-scale excavation of the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor in 24 years. (Xinhua)
- The planned launch of Space Shuttle ''Endeavour'' is scrubbed because of a gaseous hydrogen leak. (NASA)
- Pakistani warplanes strike a stronghold of Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud in South Waziristan. (Reuters)
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom celebrates her 83rd birthday at Trooping the Colour. (Fox News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?