Monday 13 June 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Your Garden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Mirror III: Final Fear or Crimzon Clover.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 June 2011 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 June
- 2011 Jordanian protests: The motorcade of King Abdullah II of Jordan is attacked by bottles and stones thrown by protesters in Tafilah. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Bahraini uprising: Bahrain's rulers commence the trials of 48 medical professionals, including some of the country's top surgeons, a move seen as the hounding of those who treated injured protesters during the popular uprising which was crushed by the military intervention of Saudi Arabia. (Al Jazeera)
- Tunisian revolution: It is announced that the trial of Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, ousted from power during the popular revolution, is to begin on 20 June. (BBC)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian regime claims to have retaken Jisr al-Shughour, while residents who fled speak of fighting, divisions and defections among government troops as police and workers arm themselves to defend the town against the army. (''The Guardian'')
- Russia and China boycott a meeting of the United Nations Security Council where a resolution condemning the Syrian government is being debated. (AFP via Google News)
- Egyptian officials report the arrest of the 27-year-old Israeli-American Ilan Grapel on suspicion of espionage for Israel. Israeli officials have rejected the Egyptian accusations. (BBC)
- 2011 Spanish protests: The Anonymous group is reported to have successfully knocked the website of the Spanish national police force offline. (''The Guardian'')
- 2011 Zengcheng riot: Police in Xintang Town, Zengcheng, Guangzhou area, Guangdong, fire tear gas and use armoured vehicles on workers, including Sichuan migrant workers protesting what they consider the abuse of a pregnant Sichuanese colleague by security guards, after protesters flipped over and burned police vehicles. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- 2011 Libyan civil war: The German foreign minister Guido Westerwelle, speaking in Benghazi, announces that his government officially recognises the country's rebels as ampquotthe legitimate representatives of the Libyan peopleampquot. (Deutsche Welle)
- 2011 Yemeni protests: The opposition and Vice President Abd al-Rab Mansur al-Hadi meet for talks to end the crisis. (CNN)
- North and South Sudan agree to demilitarise the disputed Abyei region. (AP via Google News)
- Eruption of the Nabro Volcano:
- The long-dormant Nabro Volcano erupts in Eritrea. (IOL)
- United States Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton flees the volcano, cutting short her visit to the region. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands of people in Christchurch, New Zealand, are left without power as the city is hit by powerful aftershocks of the 2011 Christchurch earthquake. (ABC Online)
- The US National Weather Service issues a flash flood warning after the Missouri River breaches a levee near Hamburg, Iowa. (AP via ''The Republic'')
- Flights in the Southern hemisphere from Australia to Argentina are disrupted by the Puyehue volcanic eruption. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- An earthquake of between 6.2 and 6.9 occurs near Indonesia, southeast of Tahuna island and six miles (10 kilometers) beneath the sea. (''Time Magazine'')
- Vietnam holds a live fire drill in the South China Sea amid a dispute with China. (''Jakarta Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?