Sunday 13 March 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymonde Bonnafous and Phillip Currie.
Impact, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1949 ?
- Raymonde Bonnafous: French homicide victim who was shot to death along with her two daughters on 5/13/1992, 3:50 PM, Toulouse, by her psychiatrist husband, Lysian, who then shot and killed himself.
- Phillip Currie: Canadian palaeontologist and museum curator who helped found the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology in Drumheller, Alberta and is now a professor at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.
- Roger Langevin: French sailor, based in Le Havre, who has participated in many races in the English Channel, mostly solo.
- Sian Elias: New Zealand lawyer and politician 12th Chief Justice of New Zealand.
- John Hall: English priest.
- Hiroshi Kazato: Japanese race car driver (d. 1974)
- Julia Migenes: American soprano and actress
- Trevor Sorbie: Scottish hairdresser
- Emmy Verhey: Dutch violinist
- Henri Giraud: French general (Born 1879).
- US Mens Figure Skating championship won by Richard Button
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Yvonne C Sherman.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?