Sunday 13 March 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Can-Can, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1960 ?
- Adam Clayton: Bassist.
- Yurii Andrukhovych: Ukrainian poet and author.
- Joe Ranft: American animator screenwriter and voice actor (d. 2005).
- Oliver Robinson: American athlete, pro basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs for one season in 1982.
- John Greyson: Canadian filmmaker, whose work frequently deals with gay themes.
- Clifford Robinson: American athlete, pro basketball player for 11 seasons beginning in 1979 .
- Luciano Ligabue: Italian rock singer-songwriter, film director and writer.
- Yosef Zvi HaLevy: Israeli rabbi and judge (Born 1874).
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?