Saturday 13 March 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Rich Man, Poor Man by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1971 ?
- Rodica Mateescu: Romanian triple jumper.
- Tracy Wells: Actress (Heather-Mr Belvedere).
- Annabeth Gish: American actress.
- Robert Lanham: American author and satirist.
- Paul Henderson: Australian 100 metre/200 metre (Olympics-1996).
- Tony Vinson NFL running back (Atlanta Falcons: London Monarchs, Baltimore Ravens).
- Ryan Hayden in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; 400 metre hurdler.
- Curtis Conway: NFL wide receiver / kick returner (Chicago Bears)
- Li Chen: Changsha, China -- Tennis star (1995 Futures-Austin TX)
- Ralf Kleinmann: WLAF kicker / punter (Frankfurt Galaxy)
- Live at Fillmore East recorded
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?