Tuesday 13 March 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Spanky G and Cedric Van Branteghem.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
The Champ, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stockard Channing in Just Friends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apple Trek or Beam Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1979 ?
- Spanky G: American musician (Bloodhound Gang).
- Cedric Van Branteghem: Belgian athlete.
- Johan Santana: Venezuelan-American baseball player.
- Dainius Saulėnas: Lithuanian footballer.
- Cédric Van Branteghem: Belgian sprinter.
- European Monetary System is established, ECU created.
- Gairy dictatorship in Grenada overthrown by New Jewel Movement.
- The New Jewel Movement, headed by Maurice Bishop, ousts Prime Minister Eric Gairy in a nearly bloodless coup d'etat in Grenada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?