Sunday 13 March 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Furdjel Narsingh and Dani Rivas.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chelmsford 123.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Abracadabra or Knight Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1988 ?
Famous Birthdays:13 March
- 14th People's Choice Awards: Fatal Attraction, Bill Cosby win.
- The Seikan Tunnel, the longest undersea tunnel in the world, opens between Aomori and Hakodate, Japan.
- The Halabja poison gas attack is carried out by Iraqi government forces.
- First RepublicBank of Texas fails and enters FDIC receivership, the largest FDIC assisted bank failure in history.
- Iran-Contra Affair: Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North and Vice Admiral John Poindexter are indicted on charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States.
- Milltown Cemetery Attack: During the funeral of three Provisional IRA members in Milltown Cemetery in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Ulster Defence Association (UDA) member Michael Stone attacked the crowd with grenades and pistols, killing three and wounding over sixty. They were murdered because they were likely to be Catholics.
- A Colombian Boeing 727 jetliner, Avianca Flight 410, crashes into the side of the mountains near the Venezuelan border, killing 143.
- Eritrean War of Independence – Battle of Afabet: The Nadew Command, an Ethiopian army corps in Eritrea, is attacked on 3 sides by military units of the Eritrean People's Liberation Front (EPLF).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?