Monday 13 March 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1989 ?
- Peaches Geldof: English journalist, television presenter, model and fashion icon; the second daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates.
- Harry Melling: British actor.
- Yemi Alade: Pop Singer.
- Joshua Allen: Dancer.
- Lizzie Velasquez: Non-Fiction Author.
- Holger Badstuber: German footballer
- Marko Marin: German footballer
- Tom Westley: English cricketer
- Pierre Niney: French stage and film actor, member of the Comédie-Française. he won a Cesar award for best promising actor in 2012. In 2014, he obtained "Patrick Dewaere" prize and a Cesar (best actor) for his performance in "Saint-Laurent". In March 2015, he left the Comédie-Française.
- 27th shuttle, Discovery 8, launched, 1st woman to do the countdown
- FDA orders recall of all Chilean fruit in US
- US space shuttle STS-29 launched
- A geomagnetic storm causes the collapse of the Hydro-Quebec power grid. Six million people are left without power for nine hours. Some areas in the northeastern U.S. and in Sweden also lose power, and auroras are seen as far south as Texas.
- US Food and Drug Administration orders recall of all Chilean fruit in US.
- Gun control: U.S. President George H. W. Bush bans the importation of certain guns deemed assault weapons into the United States.
- Christian General Michel Aoun declares a 'War of Liberation' to rid Lebanon of Syrian forces and their allies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Roxette - The Look
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Breathe - Don't Tell Me Lies
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 March 1989 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?