Wednesday 13 March 1991
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Someday by Mariah Carey.
In UK Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash was in the top 5 hits.
La Femme Nikita, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Heartbeat by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1991.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1991!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1991 ?
- Luan Santana: World Music Singer.
- Tristan Thompson: Basketball Player.
- Eli Kim: American-South Korean singer (U-KISS).
- Lê Liêm: Vietnamese chess player.
- Suzu Natsume: Japanese actress.
- Aaron Woods: Australian rugby player
- Exxon pays $1-billion dollars in fines and cleanup of Valdez oil spill
- The United States Department of Justice announces that Exxon has agreed to pay $1 billion for the clean-up of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
- The Emir of Kuwait, Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, returns to Kuwait after seven months of exile while his country was occupied by Iraq.
- After 16 years in prison for allegedly bombing a public house in a Provisional Irish Republican Army attack, the ampquotBirmingham Sixampquot are freed when a court determines that the police fabricated evidence.
- Duke defeats Kansas Jayhawks men's basketball by the score of 72 - 65 to claim the NCAA Division I Basketball Championship.
- Four Los Angeles, California police officers are indicted for the videotaped March 3 beating of Rodney King during an arrest.
- Germany formally regains complete independence after the four post-World War II occupying powers (France, the United Kingdom, the United States and the Soviet Union) relinquish all remaining rights.
- The United States and Albania resume diplomatic relations for the first time since 1939.
- In a national referendum, the people of the Soviet Union vote in favor of keeping the 15 Soviet republics together, with the pro-unity position gaining 77% of the vote.
- In the Finnish parliamentary election, the Centre Party wins 55 of 200 seats in the Parliament of Finland, ending 25 years of dominance by the Social Democratic Party of Finland.
- March 19–26 ndash President of Poland Lech Wałęsa becomes the first Polish president to ever visit the U.S.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?