Saturday 13 May 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1939 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Harvey Keitel: American actor and producer.
- Hildrun Claus: German long jumper.
- Peter Frenkel: German race walker and coach.
- Harvey Keitel in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Taxi Driver, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs).
- William W Cobey Jr American politician (Representative-Republican-North Carolina: 1985-87).
- Anthony Hide: Racehorse trainer
- Terry Dill in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1992 Bank One Senior Classic).
- Jean-Pierre Laymarie: French homicide; he killed his seven children, including a newborn.
- SS St. Louis departs Hamburg with 937 Jews fugitives
- 65th Preakness: George Seabo aboard Challedon wins in 1:59.8.
- The first commercial FM radio station in the United States is launched in Bloomfield, Connecticut. The station later becomes WDRC-FM.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?