Monday 13 May 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Brooks and Michel Boujut.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1940 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Richard Brooks: singer (Impressions).
- Michel Boujut: French writer, film critic and television producer.
- Bruce Chatwin: British writer and traveler who won international acclaim for books which were based on his nomadic lifestyle.
- Enrique Escudero de Castro: Spanish politician.
- Kōkichi Tsuburaya: Japanese runner (d. 1968).
- British bomb factory at Breda
- Churchill says "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat".
- German breakthrough at Grebbelinie.
- Dutch Queen Wilhelmina flees to England.
- Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands flees her country to Great Britain after the Nazi invasion. Princess Juliana takes her children to Canada for their safety.
- World War II: Germany's conquest of France begins as the German army crosses the Meuse. Winston Churchill makes his ''blood, toil, tears, and sweat'' speech to the House of Commons.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?