Wednesday 13 May 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerry Sutcliffe and David Voelker.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Bellissima, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coke Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1953 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Gerry Sutcliffe: English politician Vice-Chamberlain of the Household.
- David Voelker: American businessman and philanthropist (d. 2013).
- Harm Wiersma: Dutch draughts player and politician.
- New York Giants' Willie Mays and Darryl Spencer each hit two homeruns and a triple.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?